We are covering These 5 Lazy Weekday Dinner Ideas:
- Gourmet Frozen Pizza With Fancy Cream of Chicken Soup
- Oven-bake Burger + Fruit Yogurt Jelly
- Smoke Salmon Orange Salad + Bake Potato
- One-Pan Chicken And Veggie Meal Prep 2 Ways
- Bake Quesadillas
To start off, let me define a lazy dinner. I don’t want to cook it; I don’t want to deal with raw meat; I don’t want measurements; I just want to pop the dinner into some form of machinery and let technology serve me. Because, after a good weekend, Mondays always feel longer. This phenomenon goes against logic to the extent that even Einstein couldn't explain it.
The conundrum is that I still want good food. I know We Are E.G.G. is a natural lifestyle brand... I know. I'm human after all! So here are some dinner ideas that you might need as well to maintain your Monday, or maybe even Tuesday and Wednesday, dinner dignity! I still try to keep the recipes as fresh as possible. But for the satisfaction part, I do what I have to do.
Gourmet Frozen Pizza With Fancy Cream of Chicken Soup
"Why not just order pizza instead?" which you may argue. Well, I do agree to a certain extent. But, customizing a pizza exactly the way I want it is incredibly satisfying. Not to mention, the ingredients are fresher and heartier, providing a better overall experience. The protein and crust (carbohydrate) ratio is also more sensible. Instead of paying extra for several thin slices of avocado, I can enjoy a satisfying portion of hearty avocado on my pizza, along with some fresh mozzarella and tomato. To top it off, adding high-quality rich balsamic vinegar to this combination just made my night.
What kind of proteins?
For protein options, go for those that are ready to serve. Leftovers work nicely too. If you have leftover BBQ, use it with the four cheese pizza. All you need to do is toss the protein onto the pizza, bake it, and then enjoy. The protein will cook along with the pizza. However, if you're using uncooked meat like sausages, make sure to cut them into small enough pieces to ensure they cook thoroughly in the oven.
How do I make the pizza?
After adding all the desired ingredients, simply follow the instructions and bake the patty as directed.
The following is just some suggestions to get you started. But this is basically a make-it-your-own pizza, just put in whatever you like. That’s the beauty of this!
The base: ready-to-bake / frozen pizza (four cheese / Margherita)
Veggie, herbs and fruit
fresh / can tomatofresh mozzarella
egg (crack it raw on the pizza)
frozen veggie (corn, pea,carrot, spinach, broccoli...etc)
mushroom blue cheese
Gourmet Can Cream Of Chicken
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the cream of chicken soup and milk. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until warmed through.
- Stir in the pesto sauce and continue to heat for a few more minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Add the diced avocado to the soup and gently stir to combine. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the avocado is heated through but still maintains its texture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the soup is ready, remove from heat.
- Optionally, garnish with fresh basil leaves for added freshness and aroma.
Oven-bake Burger + Fruit Yogurt Jelly
I do agree that grilling a burger patty on the stove yields a better taste. But it takes more attention and effort, not to mention the greasy mess after the cooking, which can be so annoying. That's why, sometime I just bake the patty instead to avoid the hassle. On a tiring evening, I can simply throw in some avocado and maybe a fried eg. There's nothing more satisfying than enjoying a nice, juicy burger without the extra fuss.
How do I bake the patty?
Most supermarkets offer pre-portioned raw burger patties in the meat section, which are convenient and ready to be cooked. The baking time for a burger patty depends on its thickness and how you like your burger.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Shape and season the raw burger patty to your liking.
- Lightly drizzle the patty with oil for moisture.
- Place the patty on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C).
- Allow the patty to rest for a few minutes.
- Serve and enjoy with your favorite toppings and condiments.
For the best result, butter up the bun and slightly toasted.
Fruit Yogurt Jelly
For the fruit yogurt salad, this is a nice little dessert that pairs well after enjoying a juicy, meaty burger. I usually have it on Mondays because I prepare it ahead on Sundays when I have the time. This recipe, you can use regular gelatin instead. But here is the link if you want to give agar-agar a try. Agar-agar is a plant-base gelatin derived from seaweed, the texture is firmer than regular gelatin.
Smoke Salmon Orange Salad + Bake Potato
This is one of the easiest recipes in this blog. It combines a simple mix and match salad with baked potatoes. After a long day of work, I find a light fruit salad to be refreshing and soothing. By adding smoked salmon to the salad, it becomes both refreshing and savory. Paired with a simple baked potato, this meal is effortlessly nutritious and delicious.
How to make bake potato
Use high-starch potatoes like Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes for fluffy baked potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Scrub the medium-sized potatoes and pat them dry.
- Prick each potato several times with a fork.
- Drizzle with olive oil or melted butter, and sprinkle with salt and desired seasonings.
- Place the potatoes directly on a baking sheet or on a wire rack on top of the sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until tender when pierced with a fork or knife.
- Let them rest for a few minutes.
- Cut a slit or cross on top, fluff up the flesh with a fork.
- Add toppings like sour cream, cheese, chives, bacon bits, or butter.
Smoke salmon orange salad ingredients:
- 4 ounces (113 grams) of smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 4 cups of mixed salad greens
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of orange juice
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients and enjoy!
One-Pan Chicken And Veggie Meal Prep 2 Ways
The video is a meal prepping video, but I always have the fresh batch right away and bring the leftovers for lunch. I love my carbs, so I usually pair the meal with either rice, soba, or udon.
Like I said, no stove top needed! Especially when cooking for at least 2 people, this one-pan bake does it all. I don't have to cook the quesadillas one by one. I can customize them however I want; it's a very fun recipe.
Let's enjoy the night at our own nest
Once again, We Are Nest is all about building a cozy nest, and I believe a good meal will definitely set the tone. Until I can hire a butler, cooking meals myself is the only way. With a hectic and busy lifestyle, we need to adapt and cook smart. Eating has always been a crucial moment for refueling and recharging, both physically and mentally. I hope these recipes help you enjoy cooking and dining right in the comfort of your own place. If you have any good ideas, please leave a comment and share!